Unless you know what's been going on in our lives!
I will just summarize some highs and lows, not in any specific order, however they all occurred this past summer. That's right Summer of 2011...we'll surely remember you because:
- Peter, our landlord here in Germany, passed away.
- I, Angie Houston, completed my very first Triathlon!
- Jon completed a HalfIronman race
- Jon trains for a full Ironman race in August
- Jon has to give up Ironman bc he has testicular cancer
- Our baby James turned ONE!
- Jon has surgery to remove the testicle with cancer, told he needs chemo and then sees his cancer levels decrease= no chemo necessary!!!!
- Jon starts training again...this time for a small sprint distance Triathlon
- Jon starts studying for the Professional Engineers exam
Some pictures to illustrate what we've been doing...
Houston boys...LOVE to stretch!
Little James "reading" his Birthday card from GiGi
I finished my Triathlon 1:37 minutes! 13 minutes faster than I thought!
Noah getting super excited about riding the swings with Daddy!
The most incredible man I know...Jon. FINISHING his half Ironman race in just under 5 hours! His goal was to finish in 6! Way to go Jonny J!
Crazy summer, lots of drama, lots of tears, lots of sweat, lots of sleepiness....but
GOD IS STILL GOOD!
We praise him for all the things we have been through this Summer. We serve an amazing God that "Works all things for the good of those that love Him" Romans 8:28